Tuesday 28 April 2015

There's an imbalance somewhere.

Among the many friends I have through facebook (numbers of which I keep trying to reduce) there are 2 guys who have both, quite independently, posted up about being depressed in the last 24 hours. I know both of them from the same mountainbiking circle, and we share many of the same friends.

One of them had a large number of affirming and positive (if sometimes shallow and thoughtless) comment. The other had none.

I don't understand how one of the guys could be so overlooked to the point of seemingly being ignored - and his situation is much more 'desperate' if that's the right phrase, though with depression that can have little to do with it - than the other's.

People are odd. I suspect there'll be a raft of posts now the duck is broken.

2 comments:

  1. I don't have an answer, but this is something I've often wondered about as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No-one else posted anything for him. Weird. Maybe facebook did it's usual filtering thing and hid his post from anyone who would give a damn.

    ReplyDelete

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.