Tuesday 1 April 2014

If you cared about security of your personal data

Then you would never have uploaded it to 'the cloud' in the first place.

Article here from El reg that suggests IT firms have woken up the the idea that cloud data hosting, particularly in the US, is inherently insecure and practically an invitation to government(s) to go trawling through your files. I don't have anything that I'd especially want to keep secret on my computers, but just like you wouldn't want a surveillance camera in a sports changing area, so I'd prefer not to have people be given open access to my files: it wouldn't hurt me, but it would be a gross invasion of privacy.

If you feel differently - and there seem to be plenty of people happy to appear starkers on webcams - then that's up to you, but I'd prefer to have my privacy respected.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.