Saturday 5 April 2014

Does God turn up after all then?

So I wrote this post on Thursday during the day, about disappointment as much as anything, knowing I was going to be leading the meeting Thursday night.

So I had material prepared & printed up ready to hand out, but really wanted us to have a time of worship first, just to get into God's presence (yes, I know that's iffy theology, but anyway).

And we did.

There was a gentle sense of God being there, maybe not so gentle for a couple of people, but a very gentle sense of His presence, of encouragement, of restoration, of re-setting the compass needles to point back to reality again. And we just kept worshipping, even though it was pre-recorded. And when I paused to start the study time people wanted more, so we just kept going.

And I'm really grateful.

It's not like a validation of my theology, my understanding, my ministry, but in there was an affirmation of who I am in Jesus and to just keep going at what I've been called to do. It's replaced teeth-gritting determination with thankfulness and a bit more peace, and I am so grateful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.